NEEDLES: US size 2 dpns, or size needed to obtain gauge
NOTIONS: Stitch Markers
GAUGE: 24 stitches = 4”
Cast on 36 stitches. Divide between two or three needles. Join to begin working in the round, being careful not to twist.
- Round one: *P1, K1; repeat from *.
- Round two: Knit.
- Round three: *K1, P1; repeat from *.
- Round four: Knit.
- Round five: *P1, K1; repeat from *.
- Rounds six & seven: Knit.
- Round eight: *K1, YO, K2TOG; repeat from *.
- Round nine: Knit.
INCREASING FOR THUMB:
- Round one: K1, P1, K1, P1, place marker, knit to end of round.
- Round two: K1, P1, K1, P1, slip marker, knit to end of round.
- Round three & four: Repeat round two.
- Round five: K1, P1, M1, K to last stitch before marker, M1, P1, slip marker, knit to end of round.
-Repeat rounds two through five, five more times. You now have a total of 16 stitches from start of round to stitch marker.
- Repeat rounds two through four once.
- K1, P1. Slip next stich purlwise. *Slip next stich purlwise, slip second stich on right needle over first stitch; repeat from * until you have bound off last knit stich over last purl before marker; remove marker.
- Slip last stitch from right needle to left needle.
- Working firmly, cast on three stitches to right needle. Slip first stitch on left needle back to right needle, slip last cast-on stitch over this stitch.
- Knit to end of round. You now have 37 stitches.
- Knit 17, k2tog, knit to end of round. You now have 36 stitches.
Knit all rounds until piece measures four inches from end of cuff.
- Round one: *K1, YO, K2TOG; repeat from *.
- Rounds two & three: Knit.
- Round four: *K1, P1; repeat from *.
- Round five: Knit.
- Round six: *P1, K1; repeat from *.
- Round seven: Knit.
- Round eight: *K1, P1; repeat from *.
- Round nine: Knit.
BO all stitches.
Weave in all ends.
Weave ribbon through eyelits, if desired.
TIP: M1 – With tip of left needle, lift strand running between needles from the front, knit stitch. Or, if you wish the stitch to blend in better, knit in back of stitch.
Pattern © 2011 Natalie Gonzalez. Please e-mail me at email@example.com if you wish to make these to sell. Do not reproduce and redistribute pattern. Any questions or comments? Feel free to e-mail me!